Established in 1977, SEGi University has taught over 25,000 students across its 5 campuses in Malaysia. The First Malaysian University that earned 5 stars for prioritizing society’s needs in Malaysia, SEGi University scouts the excellent and veteran opportunities for students from all over the world through its five major campuses in Kota Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, Subang Jaya, Penang, and Kuching.
Accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA), SEGi university provides students cutting-edge facilities and teaching. The motto of SEGi University is to fortify and innovate the capacity of students by delivering a superior tertiary education to novices studying in Malaysia.
With its 40 years of establishment, it has done just that.
- Chefs Association of Malaysia
- World Association of Chefs Societies
- Tourism Educators Association of Malaysia
- Institute of Hospitality
Awards and Achievements
SEGi University is prized for excellence and for a top-notch educational experience.
- MRCA CROWN AWARDS – Outstanding Innovation Award 2014
- PUTRA BRAND AWARDS- Bronze (2012, 2016) Silver (2013, 2014, 2015) for education & learning.
- Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand (2014, 2015)
- Students Choice Awards 2015 among Top 10 universities
- The Edge Billion Ringgit Club 2013 (Best Performing Stock Award- Trading & Services)
- 3rd Global Leadership Award 2013 (Leadership in Educational & Training & Excellence)
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2012 (Most Promising Entrepreneur)
- 10th Asia Pacific International Honesty Enterprise Keris Award 2011.
- The Brand Laureate Best Brand Award (2010-2011) (Education Tertiary Private)
- QS 5 Stars – In teaching, facilities, inclusiveness, and social responsibility. Achieved a stunning 3 stars overall.
Following programs are thus attributed by SEGI University which has added excellency in transformative learning. They are listed as below: Health science, Business & Accounting, Early childhood Care & Education, Creative Arts and Design, Communication Studies, Hospitality & Tourism, Engineering, and the Built Environment, Technology and Innovation, American degree program, English & Public relations, Law, Psychology and Music.
Study abroad opportunities
SEGi University has transfer and study abroad options to USA, UK, and Australia with 2 + 2 & 3 + 1 programs.
Some of the institutions that students can choose to study are Troy University, Minnesota State University, University of Albany SUNY, University of Sunderland, University of Greenwich, University of London International, Cardiff University and The University of Southern Queensland.
Reasons to opt SEGi University
- Job Readiness
- Leadership & Management
- Lifelong Learning
- Communication Skills
- Managing EQ (Positive Thinking)
- An honors degree from a recognized university with a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 2 or more years related working experience.
- Professional qualification or diploma with a minimum of 5 or more years related working experience.
- IELTS 6.0 to 6.5.