Founded in 1964, Trent University is a hub for learning, thriving and exploring for students planning to study in Canada. One of Canada’s top universities, since its inception Trent has always been focusing on interactive learning that’s personal, purposeful and transformative.
Trent’s unique approach across all disciplines focuses on critical integrative thinking with supportive and collaborative community engagement, helping shape students’ perspectives and collaborations.
At Trent, students can grow both academically as well as personally with nationally recognized teaching methods, research and student satisfaction. One of the many reasons why international students from all over the world choose Trent year after year.
Trent has been Ontario’s #1 undergraduate university 8 years in a row. It has also been ranked as;
- #1 undergraduate university in Ontario; #3 in Canada 1
- #1 in Canada for Scholarships and Bursaries, 18 years running 1
- Top 5 undergraduate university in Canada for overall reputation 1
- #1 undergraduate university in Ontario for highest overall quality 1
- #1 in Canada for Academic Advising 1
- #1 in Ontario for Students who have received National Awards 1
- #2 in Ontario for being the Most Innovative and for producing Leaders of Tomorrow 1
- Among Top 3.4% Universities in the World
- #1 in Canada for scholarships and Bursaries.
- Among the TOP 3.4% of universities in the world.
- Top 10 Greenest Campuses in Canada.
- Among the Top 5 research universities in Canada.
- 2 Nobel Prize winners, (Alumnus James Orbinski.80 for his work with Doctors Without Borders and Professor Chris Frugal for raising awareness of global climate change)
- 9 out of 10 happy students choose Trent.
- 93% of Trent Grads employed within two years of Graduation.
- 90% of Trent Graduates secure employment within six months of Graduation.
Trent offers a number of options and specializations in both graduate and undergraduate level. Enlisted below are some of the courses offered at Trent;
- Ancient Greek and Roman studies (B.A)
- Arts, Honors (B.A)
- Biology B.S.C
- Bio medical science B.S.C
- Ecological restoration forensics and arts B.A
- French studies (B.A)
- Indigenous Diploma Programs
At Trent, students get to learn in an infectious environment that prioritize creativity and critical thinking. Trent nurtures one’s inner thinking and broadens horizons for life.
- Develop your practical skill as a critical thinker, problem solver, and effective communicator through discussion-based lectures.
- Explore the Trent Forensic Science Advantage and test the enquiring mind of the self.
- Visualize in Trent’s Crime Scene House and relive the dead caseworkers.
- To ensure perspectives, Trent launches Chanie Wenjack School for Indigenous studies.
Facilities of Trent College
- Guaranteed spot in Residence.
- Room self-selection service. Choose your room according to configuration.
- Cafeteria style food to vegans, food feast is all yours.
- Free laundry system to freshen the clothes.
- 95% $3000 x 4 years = $12000
- 90-95% $2500 x 4 years = 10000
- 85 – 90% $1500 x 4 years = 6000
- 80 – 85% $1000 x 4 years = 4000
Scholarship for International students
- Automatic entrance scholarship ($1000-3000$) no application required
- IB entrance scholarship $1000(awarded to all IB diploma recipients) no application required
- TRENT GLOBAL CITIZEN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
- Global citizen scholarship and awards $2000-$22000
- United world college scholarship $10000-$22000
- Jack Mathhews scholarship $22000
- Trent international tuition levy scholarship $22000
English proficiency requirements
- The following test results are accepted as proof of English proficiency. Scores must be original and sent directly from test center.
- Language Test Minimum Score
- TOEFL 86
- IELTS 6.5 with no band lower than 6.0